Aim – To record the highest consecutive jumps of a rope. No time limit.
What to do – Skippers run and jump the long rope once, one after another and run round the back of the other rope turner. The direction they take is diagonal. They must wait for the next person in the queue to get through before heading back and jumping the rope from the opposite end. The path taken is a figure of 8. If someone misses their turn or makes a mistake, the attempt has finished.
Recommendations – use a 7.5m long rope. Best results achieved with a team of between 5 and 10 skippers. Skippers stand as close to the turners as possible when entering the rope and jump in the middle of the rope.
Click on any table row and an editing popup will appear. Click the + for ‘New Entry’
- Input a name for the team.
- Year Group – select from the choices in the dropdown.
- School House – select from the choices in the dropdown. If the team are a ‘super team’ made from different ‘houses’ then leave blank. In this instance the score will not go towards the Inter-House league but will go towards your School Total Score.
- Input the skipping team score.
- Click on any table row and an editing popup will appear – click on ‘Edit’.
- Edit name of the team.
- Edit Year Group – select from the choices in the dropdown.
- School House – select from the choices in the dropdown.
- Edit the team score.
You may also double click on an individual cell to quickly edit the contents. Click on any other cell after completion to save the data.